Creating a Pin
Users that don’t have an account can navigate to the site’s home to create a pin. These users have limited access to pin functionality. Pins created by such users are deleted every 24 hours and these pins cannot be edited once created. Authenticated users' pins will remain as long as they have not chosen to delete it. They will also have the option to edit these pins. Users without an account will also not be able to comment on pins, but they will be able to view comments authenticated users have left. If they choose to add a password then they will be required to enter it as the creator. Authenticated users are not required to enter passwords on pins they created with passwords. Figure 2. below depicts how a user without an account would create a pin.
Figure: creating a pin without an account
Steps for creating a pin
- Update the Pin Code as needed or leave it as the default. The limit is 6 characters.
- Authenticated Users can create a stream or add to an existing Stream as shown in Figure 8. A stream will eventually be a way a user can get notified in real-time about updates to a specific pin and related pins. (Notifications have not been implemented yet)
- Add content. (Pins must have content in the form of a file, image, or text) Failure to provide content will result in the error in Figure 3.
- A File/Image: Click on the attach button and choose a file. The result is shown in Figure 4.
- Add a video/link: Paste the full url path of your youtube video or a link as shown in Figure 4.
- Location pinning settings. A user can Op to pin a pin to their location for 1 hour, 6 hours, 24 hours or disable location pinning.
- If the pin requires a password, then it must be provided, otherwise uncheck Require Password. Failure to provide a password when required will result in the error shown in Figure 3.
- Important! Users without an account must ensure that their pin is exactly as they want it because they will not be allowed to update a pin once created.
- Once all the required conditions have been met hit Publish.
- The user will be taken to the pin upon creation as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 3 in the appendix depicts the Authenticated user Pin Creation Process, which follows the same flow as a User without an account. The only differences are their username is displayed as part of the pin code and they can add a pin to a stream